Probing PL+S Siemens NX Edition
TTL’s post processor specific probing module for NX CAM
Probing PL+S Siemens NX Edition allows your engineers to plan, visualise and simulate NX CAM driven process control. Use your existing machine tool ‘Macro Probing’ software for planning tool setting, part set-up and inspection strategies as well as process control. The Siemens NX Probing software allows accuracy and process control.
Integrations available include:
- Renishaw Inspection / Inspection +
- Siemens Macro cycles
- BLUM Macro cycles
- Marposs Macro cycles
- M&H Macro cycles
- Heidenhain Macro cycles
- MSP NC Perfect Part
- Process control defined in NX CAM and integrated into NC programs
- Increased component quality
- Reduced set-up time and scrap
- Set-up from CAD model features
- Confidence in safe movements
- Spindle probes and tool setting cycles
- Visualisation and simulation of probes, eg. Renishaw Inspection +
- Calibrate tool length and diameter
- Calibrate on sphere and ring gauge
- Cut-Measure-Cut and Macro logic
- Probe point, surface and model driven
- Forth axis alignment
- Go / No Go, D-Print
- Probe bore or boss, corner, etc.
- NX8.5 upwards
Probing PL+S is supplied in two bespoke software components:
This is an NX template part which provides the machine specific Macro software probing menu interface within NX.
It can be considered an extension of the existing NX probing menu dialog
This file is typically saved with the other NX template parts or alongside the post processor, loaded automatically upon start up of an NX Session.
Custom TTL probing routines integrated into the machine post processor.
Measurement Process Control
- Plan alignment of rotary axes, indexer’s and fixturing elements used to position and hold components.
- Plan position of any indexer's centre of rotation, including reference points on fixtures.
- Set component identification to ensure or select the correct NC program.
- Set position of datum feature’s to establish a work / part co-ordinate system (WCS / PCS).
- Set actual billet/component size to determine stock condition and roughing cut sequence.
- Set orientation of a component relative to machine axes – update co-ordinate system.
- Measure length to establish a tool offset, also check that length is within a specified tolerance.
- Measure Diameter when spinning to establish actual rotating tool size offset.
- Plan for metal cutting to adapt to machining process variations, such as component distortion, tool deflection and thermal effects.
- Plan co-ordinate system, parameter and offset updates using a logical NX CAM integrated program flow, responding to actual process conditions.
Broken Tool Detection
- Confirm presence of a tool.
- Confirm correct tool position and ensure tool pull-out has not occurred.
- Confirm a broken and/or chipped tool, define appropriate action.
- Capture manual or automated changes to process parameters, offsets or co-ordinate systems.
- Capture interventions to the process which may have influenced the outcome.
- Create inspection reports from NX CAM of the metal-cutting process, including critical features.
- Create confidence in the stability of the NX CAM machining process.
- Confirm a documented record of component conformance.
- Confirm an historical tracking of critical feature dimensions, machine condition monitoring and scheduled maintenance purposes.